I LOVE Las Vegas!
There is so much to do!
There is so much to see!
And there are so many great locations for portraits.
In fact, the sky is the limit! Because there are so many options I thought it best to compile a list of awesome locations that I have found.
And so in no particular order...
- The Symphony Park near downtown LV. It is a beautifully manicured park, with amazing colorful artwork. And next door is the art deco inspired Smith Center. This location will give you a very modern yet traditional feel. The colorful artwork would add a bit of whimsy and playfulness to the portraits. Here is a link to the park. http://www.symphonypark.com/inside-symphony-park/the-park/
- Calico Basin, near the Red Rock Canyon, a few miles west of town. Calico Basin has majestic mountains, is green year round, and has no entry fees. There are wonderful walkways that make it easy to move around, no real hiking involved. This location will give a casual, earthy, and classic feel to your portraits. Here is a link to information about Calico Basin. http://www.americantrails.org/resources/wildlife/RedRockBLM.html
- The Springs Preserve has a large variety to offer. They have spectacular Botanical Gardens, including a cacti garden, an herb garden, and a rose garden. It is beautifully landscaped and has some amazing architectural features. It also has a fun museum on site to treat the kids after the session. The Springs Preserve does have an entry fee. It is $10 for adults, $5 for children five to seventeen, and children under 5 are free. There is also the option of buying a membership. Family memberships are $60, it covers 2 adults and up to six children. And of course would allow you to visit multiple times throughout the year. Here is a link to a slideshow of the gardens via their website: http://www.springspreserve.org/apps/photo/index.cfml?gid=83
- Lake Las Vegas in Henderson. It has beautiful water views, wonderful landscaped pathways, several gazebos, and many fountains. Here too there is no entry fee. I am unable to find a good link to show you how great the location is. But Lake Las Vegas is going to give your portraits a modern yet traditional, with a Mediterranean essence.
- UNLV is another great option. There are many wonderful buildings, and large open areas perfect for large groups, for kids running around, or for the college bound senior. But UNLV also has a great desert feature- the arboretum! Which is absolutely stunning. http://facilities.unlv.edu/plancon/dlg.html It gives the feel of the desert without being completely barren and devoid of life.
- The Dry Lake Bed is another great desert option. Unlike the UNLV's arboretum the dry lake beds have no vegetation. This means that you, as the subject, are in the ultimate spotlight, the complete center of attention. So you have to bring your "A" game, and be up for some creative poses! The dry lake beds are about 15 miles outside of town near Boulder City.
- The Nelson NV Ghost Town is a good drive outside of town but is well worth the trip! It is a ghost town, with old abandoned cars and buildings. It even has a crashed airplane! It is very rustic, which will give the portraits a down to earth, old fashion vibe.
- The Clark County Government Building and the Regional Transportation Commission/Regional Flood Control District building. These two buildings are very similar and are next door to each other downtown LV. They both have an interesting architecture to them and would make wonderful backgrounds. The portraits would have a very architectural appeal- showcasing a sense of strength and stability. Here's a link, notice the red brick buildings. http://www.library.unlv.edu/arch/graphics/index3.html
- The Art District downtown is another great location with bold bright colors. Located downtown, it is the epitome of urban landscaping. Unique and elaborate graffiti artworks cover the walls. And with the ever changing nature of graffiti art, you will will have a different experience every time you go.
- And for the quintessential Las Vegas glitz and glam, why not use the very famous and oh so popular Strip or Fremont Street. New Vegas or Old Vegas, the choice is yours.
It is important to find a location that matches your personality, your lifestyle. These portraits are going to be hung on the walls of your home, they are going to be shared with friends and family. I want to make sure that you are getting the absolute best experience possible. Because of that I will work with you to find the perfect location. I love finding new locations, so if there is somewhere that you want your portraits done and it's not on my list please, oh please, let me know!